This project promotes our believe and aspiration in helping the high rate of unemployment amongst youth in Europe and in UK. The project encourages European diversity and provide local youth with the opportunity to meet European youths to share their common values.
- To reach out marginalised youth and prevent social exclusion amongst young people with fewer opportunities (YPWFO).
- To help the volunteers to gain new skills to become more employable.
- To give youth an alternative to combat long term inactivity.
- To promote diversity, equality and cultural awareness.
- To increase youth participation in community projects.
- To strengthen youth links with labour market removing barriers in employment for YPWFO.
- To raise awareness of Erasmus+ projects amongst local youth (especially NEET) through real life example.
The project also promote the following:
- Promote cohesive and inclusive society in the context of the European socioeconomic changes.
- Promote equity and inclusion of people with disadvantaged backgrounds and fewer opportunities compared with their peers.
- Improve the level of key competencies and skills of young people, including those with fewer opportunities, as well as to promote participation in democratic life in Europe and the labour market, active citizenship, intercultural dialogue, social inclusion and solidarity, in particular through strengthened links between the youth field and the labour market
- Develop social, civic and intercultural competences
- Enhance the access, participation and performance of disadvantaged learners
- Promoting diversity
- Reaching out marginalised young people
The participants’ will be assessed by LAW, with the support of the sending organisations.
Local community needs: Although mobility benefits have been proven, local young under NEETs group, do not consider to have an experienced abroad even they are financially supported. According to discussions with local stakeholders (third sector organisations, educators and others), this is due to the lack of information, awareness of mobility benefits, and lack of motivation of youth. These experiences will connect young people with EVS volunteers. It will raise awareness about Erasmus+ programmes and will benefits all participants.