Language Academy Wales (LAW), is an academy offering; mobility experiences, volunteering internship opportunities, and supporting youth and youth workers to improve their employability skills in Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom and in Europe. Our mobility, internship, volunteering and professional development training programmes are specially designed for local, European and overseas candidates. We are also promoting various fund raising projects and activities in our Cardiff office to support various humanity projects partnering with NGOs.
We are a NGO (i.e. a registered as a ‘Not for Profit’ company), supported by part-time staff and local volunteers. We are an approved European Solidarity Corp (ESC)/European Voluntary Services (EVS) accredited centre, working on Erasmus+ KA1, EVS, KA2, VET, Lottery Community Fund and other fundraising projects. Our organisation is committed to supporting our local community and it’s people with fewer opportunities, disadvantaged people, helping them to gain employability skills, confidence and self esteem.
LAW Erasmus+ PIC No: 925 942601 Company ID Registration No: 09602946
Our motto: “Learn, Explore and Travel with LAW”
“Learn – Soft-skills and employability skills for the rest of your life”
“Explore – exciting and new places, learn new culture and food”
“Travel – across the world on mobility, exchange programmes in the UK and European countries”
For more information please complete our ‘Contact Us Form’ at the bottom of the page or ring us 0292
Language Academy Wales (LAW) is a non-profit organisation by guarantee formed on the 30th April 2015. LAW is an VET training provider and initially formed as a language school based in Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom. Our activities consist of promoting collaboration with international schools, NGO’s, third sector organisations, colleges and private training providers. Our focus are: developing local youth and youth workers on their personal development and promoting international mobility through European collaborations and working on mobility related projects.
To promote mobility exchanges, training and internship programmes working in collaboration with partners. We are focusing on helping the social inclusion of our local youth groups via numerous activities, mobilities and exchange programmes in promoting the understanding of different cultures and raising awareness in the equality and diversity agendas. Lately, during the initial start of the COVID-19 pandemic we have help various worthwhile fundraising causes in Wales and abroad.
To provide affordable, effective and accessible personal development training courses to individuals of all ages throughout Wales and Europe enabling them to develop themselves and their potential. LAW target groups are people with fewer opportunities and in Wales, UK and abroad, as well as people seeking to find employment in Wales. To raise awareness of our aims and objectives. Being mindful of the new TAITH initiative in Wales, we are looking forward to collaborating with them on new projects.
- To promote and engage with local young people in formal and non-formal education and career developing by offering professional development training courses.
- To encourage the mobility and bespoke personal development (if required) training courses.
- To increase participation in mobility programmes internationally for increasing employability skills.
- To lessen the effects of formal and non-formal educational disadvantage on those worst affected.
- To assist local young people and people with fewer opportunities’ participation in the community through volunteering, internship, job shadowing and exchange program.
- To offer equal opportunity for disadvantaged people.
- Provide and find internship for youth in the following sectors: Office Administrative, Leisure Industries and Engineering.
- Support and promote various fundraising projects, campaigns, activities and initiatives to help others.
Exchange student from Saarland University Germany – Aberystwyth University professional internship with CCW – 2024
Erasmus professional development & job shadowing – EFM Poland 2022
Slovenian Volunteers 2022
Turkish Volunteers 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
KENS Education Group Summer 2018 Exchange Programme
LAW EVS accreditation (PIC No: 925 942601): Link to Erasmus+ web-site (click hyperlink below)